2 Essentials to Become a Data Scientist
If you are willing to become a data scientist, all you need to take up is a data science course in Toronto. If you are looking to break into data science without a degree, you can take online courses and certification programs at Lantern Institute. The following two essentials are mandatory for every data scientist.
Polish up on Math Skills
To ensure that you can write efficient code and draw precise conclusions, the following are some recommended math concepts to master:
- Markov chains
- Bayesian thinking and modeling
- Regression analysis
- Data summaries and descriptive statistics
- Statistical modeling and fitting
- Hypothesis testing
- Linear algebra
- Multivariable calculus
- Probability distributions
- Statistical methods and probability theory
Learn a Programming Language
Compared to other career fields, a data science is more about what you know and how well you can prove your pertinent skills and less about the prestige of your Alma mater. The skill-based interview process tends to level the playing field for the ones coming from diverse backgrounds.
Once you’ve got a solid foundation with math during data science course in Toronto, you can start to pick up a few of the must-know programming languages for aspiring data scientists: SAS, Python, R, and SQL.
- SAS – It is an expensive tool employed by large corporations for predictive analytics, business intelligence, and statistical analysis, but it is not recommended for individuals due to the cost. If you learn the other languages, you can effortlessly pick up SAS on the job.
- SQL – It is a relationship management tool through that you can query for and join data across multiple tables and databases.
- R – It is an open-source programming language useful for intricate mathematical and statistical calculations. It even allows for data visualizations and has a large support community to help you get started.
- Python – It is a scripting language with libraries that allow you to wrangle, filter, and transform big data and unstructured data.
You can practice basic programming in one of the best data analysis courses and then complement those skills with more advanced programs, such as data science bootcamp in Toronto at Lantern Institute!